Responsive WordPress Theme for Churches
This church theme for WordPress has the features a church website needs — a mobile-friendly responsive design, sermon archive, photo and video gallery, church events (recurring), support for multiple locations, staff profiles and church news. The sermon archive is complete with the ability for visitors to search for audio, video and text sermons by category, tag, date and speaker. Sermon podcasting is built-in. Risen has a Retina-ready design and powerful customization options that make it easy to change the theme’s colors, fonts and background.
Risen is also useful for non-church websites that need rich multimedia publishing capabilities for audio, video and photos and that want to promote events. The sermon archive can be fully renamed using the theme options, making this a WordPress theme not only for churches but also parachurch ministries, nonprofits and charities, conference websites and multimedia presentation archives.
This theme is well-documented with about 50 pages of organized, easy to follow instructions explaining how to use its features. Additionally, a series of video guides is included.
“I have to say I’m very impressed with your theme. It has made building the current site I’m on as easy as possible… I really wish all themes were built like this one. You did a phenomenal job of making everything customizable in the way it should be!” — Brent Barkley
“This theme was extremely easy to use and the documentation that came with it was a huge help…The couple of questions I had were answered very quickly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend any theme by this author.” — duncan99
“I love risen! It has been easy to set up and looks really great… much better than what I had been using.” — Pastor Eric Atkins
”…looks great on my phone and tablet. Steven included all the features you would want in a theme designed for churches.” — wpforministry.com (Nick Blevins)
For more, see What People Are Saying at the bottom of this page.
Mobile-friendly Responsive and Retina-ready Design
The Risen church theme was designed to be responsive. In other words, it is mobile-friendly and will adapt itself to fit comfortably on devices with small screens such as phones and tablets. Scan the QR code below with your mobile device for a live demonstration. Risen is also a Retina-ready theme so it looks extra sharp on the newest high resolution displays.
Highly Customizable Colors, Fonts and Background
Risen was made to be easy to customize to match your church branding from within the WordPress admin area. You can choose between a Light or Dark appearance, set a Main Color, link color, change fonts (200+ Google Web Fonts preloaded) and choose from 19 Preset Backgrounds, some of which can be colored (or provide your own). It is also easy to Upload Your Logo. None of this requires editing code.
Sermons in Audio, Video and Text Format (Podcasting Too)
Put your pastor’s sermons online in audio (listen online or download MP3), video (YouTube or Vimeo), online text or downloadable PDF format. This theme provides a robust multimedia archive in which sermons can be organized and browsed by category, tag, speaker, month, day and year. Support for sermon podcasting was added in version 2.0. You can podcast your sermons on iTunes.
Photo & Video Gallery
Share your church photos and videos using the theme’s gallery features. Create multiple “albums” by organizing your photos and videos into categories.
Church Events (Recurring)
Keep your congregation and community in the know about what will be happening by posting events. Events can include dates, times, address, Google Map and other information. You can set events to repeat weekly, monthly or yearly with an optional end date. This is great for weekly services and other regularly scheduled events.
More Church Website Features
In addition to sermon multimedia, photos and events, Risen has features for posting Church News (blog), Staff Profiles, support for multiple Locations, and a Contact Form that can be configured with multiple recipients for the visitor to choose from (e.g. Church Office, Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, etc.).
Complete Feature List
- Responsive design using HTML5 and CSS3 styling
- The design is Retina-ready for super sharp appearance on high resolution displays
- Theme Options powered by Options Framework
- Custom Colors (light or dark appearance, main, link and background color)
- Custom Background (full background image or pattern — 19 included or upload your own)
- 200+ Google Web Fonts
- Logo Upload (with optional Retina logo)
- Homepage has Responsive Slider (supports video), intro message, featured boxes and widget areas
- Sermon Archive with embedded video (YouTube or Vimeo), Audio Player, MP3 download, online sermon reading, PDF download and archives by date, category, speaker and tag
- Sermon Podcasting support is built-in (documentation included for iTunes setup)
- Gallery with photos, videos, categories and Responsive Lightbox
- Church Events with optional recurrence by week, month and year.
- Support for Multiple Locations with map and directions
- Staff Profiles with e-mail buttons
- Church News (Blog)
- Search Results for posts, pages, sermons, photos, videos, events, locations and staff.
- Contact Form with multiple recipients and reCAPTCHA anti-spam support.
- Custom Page Templates for sermons/multimedia, events (upcoming, past), gallery (categories, all items, images only, videos only), locations, staff, blog and contact.
- Custom Widgets for Enhanced Categories, Enhanced Recent Posts, Sermon Archives (by month), Recent Sermons, Recent Gallery Items, Events, Locations, Staff, Donations
- Widget Sidebars for regular pages, blog, sermons, gallery, events, staff, locations and contact
- Responsive Shortcodes for buttons, tabs, accordion, columns, boxes, quotes, maps and contact form
- WordPress Embeds extended for responsive videos
- Custom Menu support for header (with dropdowns) and footer
- Customizable Footer (menu, address, phone, copyright)
- Individual page and post options for header image and sidebar
- Breadcrumb Path
- Social Media Icons for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Flickr, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Skype, Dribbble, Forrst, SoundCloud, Picasa, Foursquare, “Any Website”, podcasting and RSS
- Google Maps integration
- Google Analytics support
- Favicon upload support
- Automatic image resizing using native WordPress functionality
- Fully localized and Translation Ready (PO file included)
- Compatible with WordPress Multisite network
- Required WordPress styles implemented (.alignright, .wp-caption, etc.)
- Includes Example Child Theme for optional style and feature customization
- Comes with layered PSD Photoshop files
Documentation & Video Guides
- Complete Documentation (50 Pages) covering installation, usage and customization
- 12 Video Guides show you how to use the theme
- Sample Content (XML) similar to live preview included — just import it
- Sample Widgets can be imported as well (instructions included)
Please be aware that Risen is “Unsupported” on ThemeForest as of April 23, 2018. $30 has been taken off of the theme’s price (previously $79) in consideration of this. With that said, unofficial support will continue to be offered until the end of 2018 at which point the theme will be discontinued. An upgrade path to a newer theme from churchthemes.com will be offered before then. We are working on a converter to make the process as easy as possible. You may still submit a support request and we will do our best to help you until the end of 2018.
If you have a question that is not answered in the Documentation or the FAQ, or if you discover a problem, you can submit a support request via the Contact Form in order to receive a response by email. Please provide a URL showing an issue if necessary.
- Support is limited to questions regarding the theme’s features or problems with the theme. Support is not offered for code customizations, third-party plugins or WordPress issues unrelated to the theme.
- Support questions posted in comments on ThemeForest will not be answered. Instead, you will be asked to submit your question via the contact form so an email conversation can be started.